I am working on a new project using NHibernate, Spring.NET and even trying to port Envers from Java to .NET. We are using Visual Studio 2010 (RC) UML Modeling Tools to desing our class model and to generate C# code annotated with NHibernate mappings attributes.

The short story is that I got stocked when trying to apply custom defined stereotypes on UML relationships' MemberEnds as I described in this post on Stack Overflow. Sadly, no answer there.

I went then to Cameron Skinner's Blog, who is product unit manager on the Visual Studio Team System (VSTS) team, overseeing the Visual Studio Architecture product line, and I received this answer to my question:

Unfortunately, this is a bug in our code. We need to fix this one, but until then, I don't have a good story for you. :(

The even sadder part is that I contacted the man offline as he suggested and all I could get from him was that this bug will be fixed as soon as SP1 (meaning a 6-9 months time span). Needless to say that I wasn't happy with the answer.

We got a workaround for this and I'm not going to comment any further on the particular issue. I just want to say that since delving into open-source software I came to enjoy the bug fixing speed of the open-source communities. There are bugs in open-source software too, even some nasty ones, but at least you can hope for a quick fix, and if nobody helps and time is not pressing you can contribute yourself.

Labels: , , ,